The position of Contracts Manager is accountable for managing allocated projects to ensure zero harm, quality, on-time delivery, customer satisfaction and profitability. This position will always exhibit an image of professionalism and technical excellence.
This position has many supervisory duties, directing the performance of work, resources and activities. Depending on the nature of the project, a Contracts Manager can work closely with and direct Project/ Site Managers, and reports to the Operations Manager with regard commercial and contractual performance and for guidance and supported as required.
- The development, review and management of project plans encompassing all elements of project delivery including OH&S, Quality & Environment
- Proactive leadership and management of safety performance, standards and risk
- Complete assigned project tasks in accordance with the Company Management System
- Liaison with the Design Department ensuring contract requirements are identified and if necessary, design works are instructed in a timely manner to meet project requirements/ product lead times
- Complete routine engineering tasks including take offs after the project handover to enable ordering of material and equipment in accordance with the project specification and engineering details and within the boundaries of the Authorisation Matrix (AM)
- Establish and maintain project cost control, inclusive of a focus on labour utilisation and efficiency
- Work on a day to day basis with Site Supervisors, helping to manage the project, solve problems and mitigate/mange operational risk. On larger more complex projects this task will be directly with a Site/ Project Manager
- Work closely with the Quantity Surveyor to let sub-contracts in accordance with the AM;
- Build effective relationships with clients and manage day to day interactions
- Work closely with the Quantity Surveyor in providing detailed and accurate records of works completed for the submission of monthly progress claims and sub-contractor statements
- Administration of contracts, programme and management of commercial risk in accordance with the AM and elevation to of all contract issues immediately to allow for timely intervention
- Preparation of weekly contract/ project review sheets for all allocated contracts and presentation of such at the Construction Meeting
- Supporting innovation and technology development onsite to ensure the organisation is recognised as a total solution provider
- Facilitating training and development of work crews with a view of self-performing works as oppose to subcontracting
- Completion on a monthly basis; detailed programme, CTC, labour histogram and project forecast as per the companies reporting timelines
- Close out assigned projects in conjunction with the Quantity Surveyor, and completion of the End of Project Reports/ Job sheets with the Marketing Department
- Weekly site safety inspections
- Any other ad-hoc tasks/duties to deliver projects whilst in your role.
- Degree Qualified
- Experience managing Multiple projects
- Strong commercial awareness
- Excellent communication skills
Please contact Steve Lee on Mobile: 075 9531 0008 or Email: email@example.com for a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity.