Bracken Recruitment currently have an exciting opportunity for a Design Manager to work with a reputable Design & Build Contractor based in Westl London.
The projects that our client are involved in offer a fantastic opportunity to the successful candidate to broaden their knowledge within the industry and take on interesting and complex building projects.
About the role
- Management of the design process throughout the project .
- Responsible & accountable for helping the setting of Design Team programmes and monitoring of these to ensure the timely delivery.
- Responsible for working closely with the design and technical staff and external consultants to produce detailed robust programmes for all activities required to start on site including design contingencies and review periods.
- Providing suitable technical and design solutions to complex problems on site.
- Agree targets and motivate team to ensure that targets are known, understood and met.
- Ensuring installations are compliant with current regulation
- Able to deal with planning permission, to manage Architects and Engineers and check and qualify design plans.
- Manage the flow of information internally and ensure coordinated comments are returned to designers and ensuring the lead consultant is coordinating the design including subcontract elements.
- Experience working in a similar role with a Main Contractor
- Essential that you have knowledge of building processes covering, residential projects.
- Ideally at least 4+ years of Technical or Design Coordination type experience
- Must have worked for a Developer, Architectural Practice or Main Contractor
- Ideally have residential new build experience within the London space on high end luxury projects
- Degree qualified
Please contact Steve Lee on 075 9531 0008 or Email: email@example.com to discuss this opportunity further.