Senior Estimator (RC Frames & Groundworks Contractor)
- Monitor the level of enquiries and discuss the opportunities and place the work load regarding time and attention necessary to keep tender issues on time.
- Regularly discuss with appropriate management the strategy regarding providing norm and specific levels of pricing for larger projects.
- Stay abreast of product review and product development to maintain a sharp edge in our pricing.
- Attend post tender, pre-award meetings with clients explaining the contents of our offer.
- Relaying all tendered information to the execution line of the business.
Health & Safety Duties:
- The post holder must fully familiarise him / her self with the Health & Safety Policy and Procedures.
- Assist senior management in monitoring and reviewing the policy and procedures in respect of revisions to safety legislation, changes to industrial practise, changes to the Company’s size and role and any other factors which may affect influence the policy.
- The post holder must be aware of individual responsibilities under the Health & Safety at Work Act and identify and report, as necessary, any untoward accident or incident.
- Maintain own personal safety always with regard to adhering to safe systems of work and proper use of safety equipment and PPE.
- The post holder must always respect company confidentiality and, in particular the confidentiality of electronically stored personal data in line with the requirements of the Data Protection Act.
- The post holder must always act with due regard and respect for the Company’s equal opportunities policies and HR procedures.
- The post holder is expected to take responsibility for self-development on a continuous basis, undertaking on-the-job and other training as required.
- The post holder is required to up to date with, and comply with, the Company’s policies and procedures.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Good knowledge and experience of Civils Estimating
- Experience with RC Frames & Groundworks
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- The ability to manage projects and meet tight deadlines.
- Enthusiastic, proactive team player
- Strong problem solving ability and a keen attention to detail
- Organisational and presentation skills are crucial
- Excellent IT Skills
Please contact Steve Lee on 075 9531 0008 to discuss further in detail.